FINALLY getting around to my oatmeal recipes! So ill give you guys my basic use for my base than I will go to the variations from there!
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal or oat bran
- 1 banana
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 packet or truvia or natural sweetener (equivalent to 1 tbsp of sugar i think)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any other milk) 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Boil 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of milk and add in oats
- Quickly and consistently whisk oats until they are thickened.
- Once thickened remove from heat and place in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well and thoroughly (especially the cinnamon!)
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the oats to thicken and let the flavours soak in!
Here are some variations for the topping for you guys!
- Baked Apple Oatmeal: instead of putting banana in the base have pre-baked apples to stir into oats (bake a bunch of apples with lemon juice and cranberries and let them sit in the oven on 350 until soft, sprinkle with cinnamon nd sugar as well!) and you can add 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs to the base to flavor it up and provide what tastes and flavors the oats like a crust to an apple pie! Add in apples one you are done stirring in all the ingredients into the oats, don’t over mix so that it becomes like apple sauce! top with baked walnuts of almond butter :)
- Berry Bonanza Oatmeal: microwave base of oatmeal, slice up any available berries you have (i usually do blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries) and microwave them for 40-50 seconds until juice comes from the berries but not to melted so that the berries get all shriveled! Place them on top of your warm base and place a dollop of nut butter and than microwave for 30 seconds so that the nut butter gets all melty :)
- Chocolate Cherry Bomb: keep the regular base oatmeal but replace almond milk for coconut milk and add 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder to the base and a bit of extra sugar. Melt pitted cherries in the microwave and top with toasted coconut and a bit more dusted cocoa powder and honey
- Fig Strawberry Oats: Melt figs and strawberries until juicy and put on oats with a drizzle of honey and add some nutmeg and cloves to the base
- Banana Blueberry Cherry Muffin Oats: let the base of the oatmeal sit over night with 2 tbsp of almond milk sitting on top. In the morning microwave oats and mix in the milk after you microwave ti for 20-30 seconds and you will realize the oats are much thicker and smell much more flavorful. Melt blueberries on top and roast cherries in the pan with some vanilla bean and honey and top your oats off with some cashew butter is my favorite on these!
- Mango Strawberry Coconut Oats: Add chopped mango and strawberries in the microwave until there is a slight juice, top on oats with toasted coconut and melted sun butter :)